Sunday, July 4, 2010

04-07-10

Happy 4th of July! Not a lot of celebration here, but it was a nice day so I went to the beach. Took a long walk between 4 beaches, up and down paths over the cliffs. Saw something that blew my mind. They have these pools right next to the ocean, where crashing waves are constantly topping them up and they're overflowing back into the ocean. I don't know why but this just seems so awesome.






Here is one of those awesome pools, with a big wave crashing into it. Part of a swim club.


Here is a smaller murkier one, but this one is free public access.


Click on the picture to see this larger. I took the picture of this sign because I liked the icon for "shore dump," some thing that happens at the Jersey Shore depending on wave conditions and I never had a name for it. Basically when the waves want to throw you against the ground.

Also I went the Powerhouse Museum, a science/technology and fashion(?) museum. They had some cool exhibits but I didn't take many pictures. It tends to be dark or weirdly lit for most of the coolest stuff. Here is a weird really old motorcycle and I funny crop duster plane that was made in Australia.

2 comments:

  1. Wow~ I wanna jump into the pool even though I don't know how to swim cause it's soooooooo hot in Korea and your pictures give me cool things. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Fourth of July Noah! Great photos!!

    ReplyDelete